- Instruct patient on pathophysiology of disease, diet, exercise & use of meds.Assess vital signs, any post operative complications, reaction to meds & activity and notification of changes in patient condition through regular skilled visits.
- Educate patient/caregiver on managing signs and symptoms of hypo/hyperglycemia.
- Instruct patient on how to use blood glucose monitoring equipment.
- Educate patient/caregiver on importance of maintaining a blood glucose log and levels that need to be reported to their doctor or nurse.
- Assistance with personal care and ADL’s by our Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistants
- Assess the patient’s skin integrity for signs and symptoms of diabetic ulcers.