Addresses the most common pulmonary/respiratory conditions seen in home care today. The Roads Home Health has the following services offered to our patients in the privacy of their own home.
Sample of Respiratory Medical Conditions:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pleural Effusion
- Lung Cancer
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Respiratory Infection
Assess / Teach / Rehabilitate:
- Assess the patient/caregiver ability to administer oxygen as ordered and management of the equipment safety.
- Maintain patent airway and mobilization of secretions by use of respiratory treatments, medications, and effective cough.
- Assessment of medication regimen and plan for safety and compliance.
- Medication monitoring regarding therapeutic levels and dosage in patients with complex respiratory care regimen.
- Teach factors that trigger exacerbation of respiratory problems
- Optimize functional capacity while minimizing hospital admission/readmission within the limits of the disease process.
- Teach energy conservation, diaphragmatic breathing, and relaxation techniques.
- Teach therapeutic exercise program for strength, ROM and coordination for ADL’s
- Teach the patient effective coughing, deep breathing, and pursed lip or diaphragmatic breathing.
- Teach the patient/caregiver regarding infection control procedures/prevention.
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Theraphy
- Occupational Therapy
- Home Health Aide
- Social Services
- Behavioral Health