INFUSION THERAPY SERVICES
This program will enable the patient to be discharged from the hospital, receive IV antibiotic therapy at home and prevent unnecessary admissions to skilled nursing facilities.
Home IV Antibiotics & Hydration Therapy
Total Home Health is able to accept Medicare patients to administer IV therapy in the home setting following Medicare guidelines.
- The patient will be managed by our Hi-Tech nursing team
- The Roads Home Health will work with the infusion therapy company in the coordination of services to ensure proper, scheduled delivery of the IV medication(s) and supplies.
- The Roads Home Health will follow scheduled IV medication administration as ordered by MD.
- Provide IV site care; IV Therapy program implementation
- Assess needles, supplies, site for contamination
- Teach patient/caregiver proper universal precautions and hand washing procedures, S/S of infiltration, flushes of heparin and normal saline, site care/dressing changes, proper IV treatment administration; and who to call for question/concerns.
- Obtain blood for specific lab tests as ordered by MD.
- Multiple medication teaching, including route, schedule, functions, and possible side effects.
- Assess the patient’s response to treatment and/or intervention.
List of Common IV Treatments
- Hydration Therapy
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Theraphy
- Occupational Therapy
- Home Health Aide
- Social Services
- Behavioral Health