ASSESS / TEACH / REHABILITATE
- Assessment: An evaluation of physical condition and needs. Systematic monitoring of vital signs and notification of changes in patient condition through regular nursing visits.
- Lab Work: Lab draws ordered by physician, in-home PT/INR tests
- Med/Pain Management: Coaching in application of meds and recognition of abnormal reactions. Add medications to pain pumps, instruct about management & tolerance of pain.
- Teach & Instruct: Teach patient and family about signs/symptoms of disease process, medications, administrations, action & side effects of chemotherapy.
- Therapy: Managing lymphedema and other forms of edema
- IV Therapy: Antibiotics, chemotherapy, antiemetics, hydration
- Injections: Management of Pernicious Anemia
- Medical Social Services: Provide referral to and help coordinate community resources
- Psychological Support: Counseling by Psych Nurse
- Low-Vision Rehabilitation: For those patients diagnosed with low vision impairment our Occupational Therapist will help develop a program to assist the patient become independent with necessary activities of daily living.